HENRIETTA STOCKEL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
IN HONOR AND MEMORY OF HENRIETTA STOCKEL, THE JORNADA RESEARCH INSTITUTE IS OFFERING THE 2023 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD IN CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY.
This year the award will be split into two individual awards: a $1,000.00 award at the undergraduate level; and a $1,500.00 award at the graduate level.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Upper level undergraduate or graduate anthropology students specializing in cultural anthropology, ethnohistory or linguistics
- Students of all geographic areas of focus and research interest are encouraged to apply.
- Indigenous students are encouraged to apply.
- Deadline is April 15th, 2023.
Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university anthropology undergraduate or graduate program and have attained at least a 3.00 GPA?
HOW THE AWARD CAN BE USED
- Travel to conferences
- Research-related costs, including research assistants, informants or analyses.
- Tuition and other educational costs
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the attached application, and be sure to include:
- A statement of reference from one of your professors
- A statement of career and research-related objectives
- A statement of how the award will be spent.
- An unofficial copy of course transcripts
- A curriculum vita or resume
Cut, past, and fill out:
HENRIETTA STOCKEL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Award level for which you are applying (please check):
_____ Undergraduate _____ Graduate
Statement of Career and Research-related Objectives (attach. 1,000-word limit)
Statement of Proposed Expenditure of Funds (expected itemized costs) (attach. 500-word limit)
- A signed statement of recommendation from your chairperson, advisor, or professor.
- A copy of unofficial transcripts.
Mail complete application to Jeffery Hanson, Vice President, Jornada Research Institute, 5912 Sleepy Nights Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114. Or email (put “Scholarship” in title): firstname.lastname@example.org