HENRIETTA STOCKEL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
IN HONOR AND MEMORY OF HENRIETTA STOCKEL, THE JORNADA RESEARCH INSTITUTE HAS ESTABLISHED AN ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP IN ANTHROPOLOGY
The Jornada Research Institute (JRI), is a 501c non-profit organization that has as its mission the study of the archaeological, ethnohistoric, ethnographic, historic and natural resources of the northern Chihuahuan Desert of Arizona, New Mexico, West Texas and adjacent regions.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Upper level undergraduate or graduate anthropology students specializing in cultural anthropology, ethnohistory or linguistics
- Students of all geographic areas of focus and research interest are encouraged to apply.
- Indigenous students are encouraged to apply.
- Deadline is April 15th, 2022.
Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university anthropology program and have attained at least a 3.00 GPA?
HOW THE AWARD CAN BE USED
- Travel to conferences
- Research-related costs
- Tuition and other educational costs
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the attached application, and be sure to include:
- A statement of reference from one of your professors
- A statement of career and research-related objectives
- A statement of how the award will be spent.
Cut, past, and fill out:
HENRIETTA STOCKEL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Status (please check): _____ Undergraduate _____ Graduate
Statement of Career and Research-related Objectives (attach)
Statement of Proposed Expenditure of Funds (expected itemized costs) (attach)
- A signed statement of recommendation from your chairperson, advisor, or professor.
- A copy of unofficial transcripts.
Mail complete application to Jeffery Hanson, Vice President, Jornada Research Institute, 5912 Sleepy Nights Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114. 817-658-5544. Or email (put “Scholarship” in title): firstname.lastname@example.org